- 1 Amazon India has launched its Global Computer Science Education program
- 2 The Indian women’s team played their first pink soccer test
- 3 Sunil Kataria has been elected chair of ISA
- 4 RBI removes Indian Overseas Bank from Prompt Corrective Action framework
- 5 Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Rich List 2021
- 6 Ranveer Singh Named the NBA product brand for India
Amazon India has launched its Global Computer Science Education program
Major E-commerce Amazon India has announced the launch of Amazon Future Engineer, its global computer training program in India. The program will provide access to higher education in computer science and job opportunities for students from disadvantaged and marginalized communities. In the first year of its launch, Amazon aims to empower and bring learning opportunities to more than 1 lakh students from the 900 government and to help schools in seven Indian counties.
About the program:
- Amazon future Engineer aims to bridge the gap by bringing early access and access to computer science education for students through personal, online and integrated learning formats.
- Amazon is working with its global knowledge partner Code.org, a global nonprofit organization dedicated to computer science education.
- The Amazon Future Engineer program in India will focus on 6-12 class students and will also provide computer science teacher training in a participatory manner.
- Amazon uses this type of program in the US, UK, Canada and France.
The Indian women’s team played their first pink soccer test
The first pink soccer match and Test night between India and the Australian women’s team at Carrara Oval in Queensland, Australia on 30 September. BCCI and Cricket Australia are keen to put the Test to the full playline forward. The Indian team is led by Mithali Raj.
About the program
Australia played the first Test-ball test against England in 2017 in Sydney during the women’s ash season. Both teams last played Test in Adelaide in 2006 when Australia won convincingly. Jhulan Goswami is one of the survivors of that ordeal with Mithali Raj.
Sunil Kataria has been elected chair of ISA
The newly appointed Executive Council of the Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA) has elected Sunil Kataria, Chief Executive Officer, India, and SAARC, Godrej Consumer Products Limited as Chairman of ISA. Sunil has led the Society over the past five years to the highest levels with the support of other members of the Executive Council, ISA members, and other industrial structures.
About the program
- ISA is the highest national organization as a strong voice to advertisers for the past 69 years.
- Its affiliate marketers contribute more than half of the national non-governmental advertising each year. ISA, a founding member of the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) and one of the founders of ASCI, continues to work with other industry structures that link to advertisers.
- ISA has played a significant role in building the BARC and has a strong partnership with advertisers who receive strong and reliable information.
RBI removes Indian Overseas Bank from Prompt Corrective Action framework
The Reserve Bank of India has announced the lifting of the restrictions on Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) on the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB). This decision gives the bank more freedom to lend, especially to companies, and expands the network, subject to the terms set. IOB was placed under PCA in 2015.
About the program
The Bank has issued a written commitment to adhere to the Minimum Regulatory Capital, Net NPA, and Leverage ratio on a continuous basis and to inform the RBI of its real estate development and development plans that will assist the bank in furthering these obligations. IOB is considered to be the custodian of commercial rights. In 2021, the RBI also lifted PCA restrictions on IDBI Bank and UCO Bank.
Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Rich List 2021
Chairman of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani is at the forefront of the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich Year list for the 10th consecutive year. In 2021, his total value was recorded at Rs 7,18,000 crore. Meanwhile, Adani party chairman Gautam Adani is in second place with a net worth of Rs. 5,05,900 pounds. Shiv Nadar and the HCL technology family are third on the list with a total value of Rs 2,36,600 crore.
About Hurun India 2021 rich list:
Hurun India Rich 2021 listing the richest people in the country with Rs 1,000 crore or more as of September 15, 2021. The Hurun India Rich List 2021, includes about 1,007 people in 119 cities worth about billions of dollars. According to the report, India has 237 billion, an increase of 58 compared to last year.
Some of the richest Indians in the TOP 10:
- SP Hinduja and the family demoted two positions to fourth on the list.
- LN Mittal and the family have risen eight positions to fifth place.
- Cyrus S Poonawalla of the Serum Institute of India ranks sixth.
- Radhakishan Damani of Avenue Supermarts finished seventh.
- Vinod Shantilal Adani and the family moved up to twelve places to the eighth division.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla and the Aditya Birla team’s family took 9th place.
- Tenth place on the list is protected by Jay Chaudhry of cloud protection company Zscaler.
Ranveer Singh Named the NBA product brand for India
The National Basketball Association (NBA) has appointed Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as its brand ambassador to India. He will work with the NBA to help raise the profile of the league in India throughout its historic 75th-anniversary celebrations in 2021-22. For the 2021-22 season, Singh will participate in a number of league programs that will be credited to NBA India accounts and his social media accounts.
About the program
The NBA is a global sports and media business made up of about four sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, the NBA G League, and the NBA 2K League. NBA games and programs are available in 215 countries and venues and stores are sold in more than 100,000 stores in 100 countries.
Rakhi Sarkar is a content industry professional with 05+ years of experience in education and career development in digital marketing. She is a graduate in Anthropology and has previously worked with organizations like Job Status. Currently, he writes and manages content development for the Careers sections of Sarkariploy.com.